Friday, July 1, 2016

Bondir Concord

Bondir in Concord hs been open for about 2 1/2 years and have served lunch on Wed- Sun for about 2 years and nobody told me! I visited their predecessor Walden Grill once, but I'll be back to Bondir again despite everything not being perfect.



They are located smack in the middle of downtown with metered on-street parking only but there is free and shaded parking before the rotary if you come in on Rte 62 and then it's just a short walk to the center.



There is a nice and bright dining area at the entrance and I managed to get a sunny window table. It was very quiet today but I guess a lot of people go away on the 4th of July weekend.



Nice bar area with more seating and they also have a separate bar menu. Not sure if it is available at lunch or not. See what happens when I only take one picture? If I take two, both are perfectly in focus and I don't understand this.



The back dining room.



Beautiful place setting with linen everything and a fresh flower. Corn Flour Dinner Rolls arrives with real butter.



You can order a la carte or do the Two Course Prix Fixe Menu ($22) and that's what I choose. I started with the Orange & Fennel Cured Salmon. "Salt Poached Potatoes, Seaweed, Cucumber, Radish, Cultured Cream, Petite Greens." The salt poached potatoes were served with the skin on so the salt poaching was a waste of time since nothing penetrates a potato skin, especially not a skin as thick as this and I had to peel them. They were cooked nicely but of course, needed salt. The petite greens had a dressing that was soo vinegary that it curled my toes and I had to leave most of it. The good news was that the cured salmon was perfectly cured and outstandingly delicious so I forgive them the potatoes and the dressing. I'll be back for this. It was also a generous serving of salmon.



This was followed by the Berkshire Burger. "Raw Milk Swiss Cheese, Toasted Sesame Roll, Basil Aioli, Caramelized Onions, Pickled Vegetables." The fries was OK, the pickled veggies were again very vinegary and the roll was one of the densest rolls I have run into. The onions and cheese were a delight to eat but the same could not be said for the burger that was completely unseasoned and was ordered medium rare but this is what arrived:



When the waiter finally arrived to check on my meal I had already eaten half of the overcooked burger and he did offer to redo the burger but I declined. The manager stopped by and offered a free dessert but I declined that as well since I at this point was full.



The bill arrived with a few shards of cherry chocolate that was delicious.



I must say that the view beats the one of yesterday's visit to Lumière. Wonder how they fit the car into that parking space?

Address 24 Walden St, Concord, MA 01742 
Phone number (617) 661-0009

Bondir Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment