Monday, July 4, 2016

Red Heat Tavern Bedford

Red Heat Tavern in Bedford is the second location from the group that also run the Burton's Grills. Last time I visited the Wilmington location I saw something on the menu that I thought would make a nice lunch so I decided to head over to the recently opened Bedford location to check it out.



They are located in the newly renovated plaza that is anchored by a Whole Foods store. There is a small outdoors patio. The plaza is still waiting for most of their tenants to move in. Cafe Luigi used to be here but they will not move back in. They were a classic for dirt cheap Italian food and was a lunch favorite of mine. How can you beat $5.99 for Spaghetti and Meatballs for lunch?



Nice bar and high tops near the windows.



The red lighted bar area with the open kitchen in the back.



I really like how they have sectioned and separated the dining areas, this certainly will keep the noise level down.



I figured that an order of Korean Fried Ribs (10.95) from the appetizer section with tater tots would make an excellent lunch for me. "All-natural slow-cooked pork ribs braised in Harpoon cider, fried crisp w/ Korean-style BBQ sauce, toasted sesame seeds." Five very meaty ribs that were fall off the bone tender and with a very delightful sauce that was sweet, sticky and had a distinct Korean flavor profile. They also had a nice crisp exterior. I thought it was strange that I got two plates with paper napkins in between them. While grumbling to myself about why I didn't get anything to put the discarded bones on, the lightbulb finally went off. It would have been nice if the waiter had separated them upon arrival so I slow person like myself wouldn't be confused.



You can order the Jumbo Tater Tots (5) (8.95) from the starter menu or as a side (3) ($5.95) and I went with the side. "Hand-made, jumbo tater tots stuffed w/ applewood-smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, Provolone & American Grana cheeses, smoked tomato ketchup, beer cheese." These little crispies are a delight to eat! They are also Jumbo as you can see.

Address 152 Great Road, Bedford, MA 01730 

Phone number (781) 538-4330

Red Heat Tavern Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. The bar offers an attractive array of beers on tap and in bottle. They have pretty amazing smoked cornbread too. Service has always been excellent.

    ReplyDelete