Friday, September 16, 2016

C.K. Pearl Essex

The summer is almost over, so I decided that another lunch visit to C.K. Pearl in Essex was in order on this beautiful Friday.



Google maps told me 34 min travel time and it took me 31 probably because Rte 128 for the first time wasn't backed up on a Friday. Google maps also gave me way better route than my old GPS did.



I had to take advantage of the outside seating before the nice weather goes away. The only drawback was a couple of pesky small bees that was trying to share my meal.



Crispy Pork Belly ($13). "Arugula, apple, manchego cheese, over easy egg, sriracha honey." It doesn't get better than this! A big slab of belly, crispy and perfectly cooked and made even more luscious when you break the egg and get yolk over everything. They really know their way around the kitchen here.



Smoked Wings ($12). "BBQ or Buffalo served with blue cheese dip." They were very lightly smoked but cooked perfectly and I went with the BBQ version, figured that it would go better with the smoke. The house made blue cheese dip was very good with chunks of cheese. They are not the cheapest place around but the quality of the food and service are top notch.
If you Google ck Pearl, one of my photos comes up on the right.

Address 112 Main St, Essex, MA 01929
Phone number (978) 890-7378

No comments:

Post a Comment