Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Coast Cafe Cambridge

I have known about The Coast Cafe Cambridge for quite a while but have avoided it due to the parking issues. They have been serving soul food here since 1997. Only open Wed- Sat.



The only parking is on River Street where they are located, everything else is residential only. If you drive by the restaurant, you missed your chance to park and have to circle around again. Guess how I know that? There is no on-street parking on the second Thursday 10:00 AM-02:00 PM due to street cleaning (yup, that's today!) but they said that the street had already been cleaned so I took a chance and parked and it worked out.



Small? Two tables and three counter seats behind me. Everyone was doing takeout, except for me.



Apart from their famous fried chicken they also have BBQ, fish and sandwiches plus the chicken boxes. I went with the Fried Thigh Plate ($12.99) that comes with two sides and cornbread. For the sides, I went with the collard greens and mashed potatoes with gravy. It was two big thighs with a crispy coating and they were fried to perfection and still super juicy. The collard greens with turkey were cooked well and tasty, but I think I like the vinegary version from the Porch better. The potatoes and gravy were fine, could have done with some more butter but I really appreciate that there were no skins left in the mash. The cornbread was really light and fluffy. The people working there were super friendly and made my visit a delightful one. I have my eye on the bone-in pork chop sandwich with fries for my next visit. Not only does the regular menu look good, the Specials Menu even more so.

Address 233 River St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone number (617) 354-7644

Coast Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment