Friday, December 16, 2016

Chinatown Stoughton

I had a hankering for the ribs that I had at Ten-Ichi a while back but much to my surprise, they had closed when I checked. So off to the mother restaurant, Chinatown in Stoughton. Quite a bit away but Ikea is nearby, and that's always worth a visit. Lunch offerings at Ikea aren't too exciting now that the Gravlax isn't on the menu anymore.



They must do a tremendous business since they had four hostess stations. The open kitchen can be seen in the background, and it was quite impressive.



Not very exciting interior but I managed to get a booth at the windows.



The seventies? The Hot & Sour soup wasn't really and it was thick enough to cut with a knife.



Nothing on the lunch menu looked very exciting, but I figured that Curry Chicken ($7.95) would be a safe bet. Well, the chickens were tender, and it was plenty of it, but the curry sauce had split, and it wasn't cooked enough, so the curry powder was a bit harsh. I like raw onions and peppers, so I was fine with that.



The real reason for the trip, a full rack of Chinatown Ribs ($19.95). The might not have been as succulent as the ribs at Ten-Ishi but were still delicious. Really delicious and super tender without falling off the bone. They were worth the trip.



I stopped by Ikea and picked up a couple bags of Daims, a chocolate covered nougat rectangle that's one of the better things to come out of Sweden.

Address 103 Sharon St, Stoughton, MA 02072
Phone number (781) 297-3886

Chinatown Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment