Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Ten-Ichi Natick

I was actually looking forward to visiting Smashburger in Natick but when I got there they were closed with no explanation. There is an Indian place in the same plaza that I had a look at when I visited Zoup! but it didn't look too inviting, so I drove around for a while and stopped at Ten-Ichi Dynamic Kitchen to have a look at the menu. I saw something really exciting that PigTrip wrote about and I subsequently bookmarked but haven't visited since it's kind of out of the way. A lot out of the way.



Another restaurant without a website, is this a trend? Looked cool from the outside and I figure it would be something Asian. Maybe the Kanji logographic gave it away.



Big bar area with a Sushi counter at the end. The dining room is to the right with comfortable booths. They do Hot Pots so all the tables have a heating plate.



I ordered the Sichuan Wings ($8) to start with and they were absolutely delightful! Lightly breaded and crispy on the outside and tender and succulent on the inside. They might be on the smaller side but was big on taste. The lightly charred peppers were tasty with a little bit of heat. I asked the waiter what made them Sichuan and he mumbled something about the sauce. What sauce? Best wings I have had in a long time.



I got wet naps for my wings and extra napkins, nice. I also got hot mustard and duck sauce. What was I supposed to do with them without any spoons? A fancy folded good quality paper napkin was also included.



Here's what made me excited. Chinatown Ribs, Half Rack ($12). "Succulent bbq pork chop ribs made famous by our affiliated restaurant Chinatown in Stoughton." They waiter brought them out and sliced them up at the table. They had a bit of char on the top and was super tender and juicy. The cut was from higher up on the hog so it wasn't the leanest pork around but it was seriously tender and tasty. The glace was reminiscent of what you get on the boneless spareribs in Chinese/American restaurants.



Here's a closeup of a rib that is really closer to a pork chop than a rib. Seriously meaty and it still had some attachment to the bone as a good BBQ rib should and quite a steal at this price. Not to mention that it will feed me at least one more meal.


Banquet seating in the back. Quite a big place.

Address 1400 Worcester St, Natick, MA 01760 
Phone number (508) 875-1888

Ten-Ichi Dynamic Kitchen & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment