Monday, December 26, 2016

Sawasdee Danvers

Sawasdee in Danvers comes highly recommended, and since I had business in the area today, I decided to try them for lunch.


They are located in downtown Danvers with free on-street parking.



This is the pleasant main dining area with a bar to my right and booths to the left.



They also had this nice sunny nook, and I promptly asked for a table in here. Customers arriving after me got seated in the other room.



For $2 you can add a salad and an app to your lunch. Yes, this was the color of the ginger dressing! Of course there was only dressing on the top.



I picked the Bangkok Gyoza as my app. They were crispy and tasty with a pleasing dipping sauce. Not sure where Bankok applies.



When I first cut into the chicken of my Hot Basil Crispy Chicken ($7.50) I had to use a knife, it was seriously dry. "Hot and spicy. Lightly battered sliced chicken breast, deep-fried until crispy with onions, green and red peppers, glazed with spicy basil sauce". My first thought was: "Oh no, not another terrible Thai restaurant" but the rest of the chicken was fine, and it was a very nice and tasty dish. The veggies were cooked well, and the sauce had a nice and complex flavor with a bit of heat. Turned out to be a very pleasant lunch.



The view from my window table of downtown Danvers wasn't very exciting.

Address 49A Maple St, Danvers, MA 01923Phone number (978) 774-8424

Sawasdee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment