Monday, January 16, 2017

Dumpling Daughter Weston

Today is MLK day, and a lot of places takes that as an excuse to not serve from their lunch menus. I suddenly remembered that I haven't been to Dumpling Daughter in Weston for a couple of years, so my lunch plans were set. Looking art their website, they now have quite a few daily specials.



It's not a big place, but they always seem to be packed, at least at lunchtime. You order at the counter, and the food is brought out when it's ready. The owner, Nadia Liu Spellman is manning the register. The food is leaving the kitchen at a brisk pace.



I was going to have their tasty Ramen, but when I saw the Braised Beef Beijing Noodle Soup ($12), I couldn't resist. "Beef shank, pickled mustard greens, homemade noodles, scallions, cilantro in beef broth". The beef shank was excellent, tender and really flavorful. Look at that dark and savory broth, it doesn't get much better than this. 


The self-serve water container contained so many slices of lemons that it almost becomes a lemonade.


Address 37 Center St, Weston, MA 02493
Phone number (781) 216-8989


No comments:

Post a Comment