Monday, January 2, 2017

P.F. Chang's Peabody

Of all the places that offer free food on your birthday the only one I thought was worth signing up for was P.F. Chang's China Bistro, and since there is a location in Peabody, I decided to make my first visit to this chain today. My birthday isn't today, but the deals are good for the month of.



Pretty impressive building and they are in the North Shore Mall, so there is plenty of parking available. Today was a holiday, so plenty of Sunday drivers on the road.



The inside was nice with tables spaced pretty far apart and enough sound dampening material in the ceiling to keep the noise level down, even when they got really busy later on.



I didn't realize when I ordered their signature dish Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps ($9.25) that it was a do-it-yourself affair. "A secret Chiang family recipe and our signature dish. Enough said". The chicken was dry, and the jicama bits was way bigger than the chicken bits, and even with the sauce added it tasted mainly of soy sauce. There was also a few bone fragments in the chickens, and I was lucky to not break a tooth. A lot of the crispy noodles wasn't crispy but rather hard. Doing the wrap thing turned out to be seriously messy, so I reverted to using knife and fork. Not impressed by this "signature" dish.



I was going to order one of their rib appetizers, but they were out of ribs, so I went with the Hunan Dragon Wings ($9.50) instead. "Hunan spice, chili jam, sesame seeds, pickled vegetables." Now this was a good dish! Tender and moist wings with a really exciting and sticky sauce that packed some heat. This was worth the money. I found it interesting that they took the more expensive item off the bill but that made me happy.

Address 210 Andover St, Peabody, MA 01960
Phone number (978) 326-2410


P.F. Chang's China Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment