Saturday, February 11, 2017

Thana Thai Kitchen Arlington

I wasn't too happy with my previous visit to Thana Thai Kitchen in Arlington but decided to give them another try for lunch today. I was actually pretty pleased with the Drunken Noodles dish I had on that visit.



Today I went with one of their lunch specials. They are all priced at $12, so it's not cheap. This is the Pad Kra Prow Kai Dao & Soup. "Stir-fried chicken with onion, bell pepper, basil leaves, garlic and spicy sauce combo with fried egg and choice of soup". Now I have a dilemma, do I eat the chicken and let the soup go cold, or vice versa? Well, that problem solved itself since both the rice and the chicken was stone cold, so back to the kitchen they went. They have four soups on the menu, and my first choice naturally wasn't included, so I settled for the Tom Yam Kung soup. "Shrimp, mushroom, Thai herbs and cilantro in lemongrass broth". The soup was excellent, piping hot and really flavorful. The second version of the Pad Kra returned, and it was hot, but the food had just been microwaved and then brought back out. How do I know? The very nicely soft boiled egg was now a solid lump of eggs. The Pad Kra itself was really savory and well seasoned. A very enjoyable rendition of a traditional Thai dish. When I finished the chicken, the soup was, of course, cold.


The inside looked the same, a few decorations in the windows but otherwise, the place is pretty spartan. I do like the water glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment