Friday, February 10, 2017

Sichuan Taste Malden

I have had Ramen out of a package twice this week, and that madness had to stop, so today I headed to Sichuan Taste in Malden for some (hopefully) tasty lunch. They finally have a website.



I had to order the Spicy Fish Fillet (8) from the lunch menu again. This was what I was going to order on my last visit in December, only to be told that they were closed due to a kitchen fire. This is one cracker of a dish! Crispy fish fillets cooked with a ton of chili, Sichuan peppercorns, onions, garlic, ginger and some green veggie. Fish cooked perfectly and a really tasty dish. I normally don't order fried rice, since it's often a soy soaked mess, but here it's delicious. Sichuan peppercorn is interesting since they are neither peppercorn nor hot. They are from the citrus family and causes a slight numbing of the mouth, and that's why they so often are combined with hot chiles.
.

They just reopened recently, and while they were closed, the ceiling was redone, and new hanging light fixtures was added.

No comments:

Post a Comment