Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Branch Line Watertown

I have been eager to visit Branch Line in Watertown since I heard that they started serving lunch and today was the day.



It's a gorgeous place with an open kitchen in the back. But the parking, oh the parking! There is a free parking garage nearby, but it was lying about available spaces. I was lucky to find a space on my way down.



Nice table setting and you get some of Iggy's excellent crusty bread with a really palatable dipping oil.



They are famous for their chicken, so I went for the Quarter Rotisserie Chicken with Dressed Greens ($13). Me: do I need potatoes with this? Waiter: It's included. Me: I thought it only comes with the salad? W: No, it's included. Of course, it wasn't included. Branch Line offers Green Circle chickens (if you haven’t heard about them, read the NYT article). Seems like a good life to me. The chicken lived up to its hype and was outstanding, moist and tender and well seasoned even if it could have done with a little bit less salt. The dressed greens were nice even if the dressing was on the tart side. I also got a spoon and had to ask the waiter what it was for? For the drippings he said. 

Address 321 Arsenal Street, MA 02472
Phone number 617.420.1900

Branch Line Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Fwiw, they've been serving lunch for about two years.

    ReplyDelete