Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Maya Indian Grill Wakefield

Maya Indian Grill in Wakefield opened recently on Tuttle Street, and I couldn't figure out why the street name sounded so familiar until I realized that The Porch is located on the same street.



There is on street parking and also a couple of lots across the street. Maya means literally "illusion" or "magic".



The $10 lunch buffet is located in the bar area. You can also do takeout from the buffet.



It's a nice long bar, and you can see the other dining room in the back (front?).



It's a small buffet with only three meat dishes, all chicken.



The rest of the buffet.



Salad and condiments and cake for dessert.



Fresh naan is delivered to the table. The Vegetable Pakora was very tasty with just a light coating of batter, but it was cold. It was a nice mix of various vegetables. You also get the rolled up silverware that I really don't like. If you are not doing linen napkins, give me some quality paper napkins.



The second trip to the buffet. The Chicken Tikka was tasty and still moist, the vegetable curry was forgettable, the Kadai Paneer was really good as was the Baigan Bharta (peas and eggplant). It even had some heat as did the Vegetable Biriyani. On my second trip to the buffet, I tried the Chicken Korma, and the chicken was moist, and the korma itself was pleasant. The seasoning on the dishes was really good.



The other front dining room. Luckily they have a vestibule to keep the winter cold out. The service was good with frequent refills of my water glass.

Full disclosure: I was invited as a media guest, but all opinions are my own.

Address 33 Turtle Street Wakefield
Phone 781 587 2123

Maya Indian Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment