Sunday, March 12, 2017

Davio'S Lynnfield

We are now into the second week of Dine Out Boston, so off to Davio'S in Lynnfield I go to try out their second week lunch offerings.


I started with Sautéed Mussels with Calabrian Chilies, Tomatoes, Croutons. Look at those gigantic mussels from Blue Hill Bay in Maine. Best mussels I have had in a long time, and the sauce was really delicious and also a packed a bit of heat.


The menu said "Blackened Atlantic Salmon Romaine Hearts, Papaya, Avocado, Mango, Cashews, Honey Lime Dressing", and I didn't expect a salad, but that's what I got. The salad was nice, but there wasn't much dressing present. The salmon was ordered medium rare and come out medium, but it was still moist inside, so that was fine with me. Throwing spices on the fish and then pan fry it, doesn't qualify as blackened.


The Passion Fruit Margarita Granita with Strawberry Caviar was tart but very refreshing.


The second place setting wasn't removed until after I finished the mussels and the service was very slow. I didn't see much of my waitress until she finally brought out the dessert. It also took while to get the check and getting the check picked up. I didn't get the mignardises with my check today.

No comments:

Post a Comment