Saturday, March 25, 2017

Gin U Dee Stoneham

Gin U Dee in Stoneham is under new ownership, as of January 2017 and have a completely new menu but the old website is still up. They do mainly Thai food and also have some Vietnamese dishes on the menu including Pho. The famed "well-done frank" is rearing its head again. No tendon or tripe in the Pho selection.



The only thing that has changed is that now they have real chairs.



There was nothing exciting on the new menu, so I decided to go with the lunch special. For $9.95 you have choices between 5 appetizers, 3 soups and 9 mains. I picked the Tom Yum Soup, and it was a big serving and piping hot. Unfortunately, it was delivered at the same time as my mains, so I just tasted it, and it was a good version of a Tom Yum Soup. How do you eat a button mushroom with a spoon?



Then it was time to start in on my Drunken Noodle, ordered two peppers hot. It has two peppers on the regular menu but only one on the lunch section. It did come out a bit spicy, maybe one pepper plus. The chicken was only somewhat dry, and the veggies were cooked well. My appetizer was chicken wings, and they were excellent, really crispy on the outside without the inside being dried out. I didn't get a check and the total come to $11, so that means that the meal tax in Stoneham is 10.5%. This is now just your generic Thai takeout place. This too bad, I really liked the old owners and their real Thai food.

Gin U Dee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment