Monday, March 20, 2017

Shan-A-Punjab Brookline

What do you do on the first day of spring? Well, personally since it's Monday I used the GoPapaya app to book a table at Shan-A-Punjab in Brookline and received a nice 20% discount on my lunch.



The restaurant has a small lunch buffet, but I wasn't here for that. This was just your standard Indian lunch buffet.



The smallish inside was nice, and you get linen napkins.



I have never had Shrimp Samosa ($4.95). "Spicy turnovers stuffed with minced shrimp and spices". This should really have read "Mild turnovers stuffed with lots of potatoes, peas and a few whole shrimp". The turnovers were executed really well with a very thin wrapper. The salad was fresh with a pleasant dressing. A condiment tray was also delivered.



I like a vindaloo, and I like duck, so when I spied the Duck Vindaloo (16.95) on the menu, my mind was made up. "Boneless duck cooked with potatoes and our tangy sauce". Rice was included, nice. I ordered it medium spicy and would say that it was medium+, so I was very happy. The duck was very tender, and the vindaloo had a good flavor but missed the vinegary tang of a good vindaloo. I have had good basmati rice, and this wasn't it. Lacked flavor and was overcooked and gluggy.



To finish, I went for the Badam Kulfi ($3.95). "Exotic ice cream from India made with saffron, almonds and nuts". That's what the menu said but I don't think that's what I got. Generic ice cream with some crushed nuts over it. Service was pleasant.

Address 455 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446
Phone number (617) 734-9000


Download the GoPapaya app on the Apple store or Google Play store and create an account using the invitation code "PET8456". After your first meal out on GoPapaya, they'll send you a $10 Amazon gift card plus you save up to 50% off your meal!

This visit was by courtesy of GoPapaya, but all opinions are my own.

Shan-A-Punjab Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment