Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Brewers Coalition Newton

I really like Brewers Coalition in Newton, and I also get a discount by reserving my table using GoPapaya.



On every visit, I find something interesting and new.



I found out that they changed the menu last week and they had several new dishes on the menu. Who can resist Fried Calamari? From the Bar Eats section, I picked the CALAMARI (11.95). "Battered and fried golden brown with hot cherry peppers. Served with a pineapple chili dipping sauce". I was a bit afraid the dipping sauce would be too sweet, but it was perfect. A bit sweet, a bit hot and delicious. The big heap of calamari was cooked perfectly, and you also get tentacles. When I mentioned to the owner how happy I was to get the tentacles, he said something interesting: "If you don't get tentacles, they are using frozen calamari". They get busy at lunchtime, and that's nice to see, and people don't get here just for the $5 burgers. "Golden brown" doesn't sound right, just golden would be better, I think.



The walls are full of wisdom.



The city of Newton has put pianos outside all over town and this one I found opposite the restaurant. How cool is this! I wonder what they do with them if it rains?

No comments:

Post a Comment