Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Brewers Coalition Newton

I really like Brewers Coalition in Newton, and I also get a discount by reserving my table using GoPapaya.



On every visit, I find something interesting and new.



I found out that they changed the menu last week and they had several new dishes on the menu. Who can resist Fried Calamari? From the Bar Eats section, I picked the CALAMARI (11.95). "Battered and fried golden brown with hot cherry peppers. Served with a pineapple chili dipping sauce". I was a bit afraid the dipping sauce would be too sweet, but it was perfect. A bit sweet, a bit hot and delicious. The big heap of calamari was cooked perfectly, and you also get tentacles. When I mentioned to the owner how happy I was to get the tentacles, he said something interesting: "If you don't get tentacles, they are using frozen calamari". They get busy at lunchtime, and that's nice to see, and people don't get here just for the $5 burgers. "Golden brown" doesn't sound right, just golden would be better, I think.



The walls are full of wisdom.



The city of Newton has put pianos outside all over town and this one I found opposite of the restaurant. How cool is this! I wonder what they do with them if it rains?

Download the GoPapaya app on the Apple store or Google Play store and create an account using the invitation code "PET8456". After your first meal out on GoPapaya, they'll send you a $10 Amazon gift card plus you save up to 50% off your meal! They also have a great discount program for takeouts. They also keep adding on new restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment