Saturday, June 10, 2017

Chili Square Quincy

Went for a road trip today to Chili Square in Quincy that is rumored to do an excellent Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup.



Not sure what the Grand Opening sign is still doing there? There are reviews going back to June last year on Y**P. There is free street parking available, mostly prior to getting there.



It's small with about 6 two tops and a few extra chairs available. People complained about the lack of English speaking staff, but both the owner and wife? spoke flawless English. I was the only white guy in the place, so I was in the right place.


The soup comes in two variants, brisket and beef and this is the beef version, both are $10.95. I think the brisket version has the icky bits. Unlike most beef noodle soups, this one has a clear broth. The noodles were good and so was the beef. The broth was exceptional, lots of star anise and a bit of heat. There was also a good amount of noodles, and I finished all of them, much to my surprise. I have to go back and try the hand pulled noodle dishes.



I ordered some Korean Chicken Wings ($9.95) to go. The crispiness was gone, but they were in the styrofoam box for about 45 minutes, so not their fault. The wings as cooked nicely, but completely lacked heat. Ask for them extra spicy. All ten were flats, and I really like that.



Picture menu on the wall of the menu items with additional dishes. I like this.



I had to ask how much there was to eat on a duck head? Well, he said they come out split open.. They also had mala duck neck, and a few tables around me ordered that. Cash only.

Address 666 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA 02170 
Phone number (617) 472-8888

Chili Square Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment