Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Jimmy's Steer House Arlington

I had a nice lunch at their Saugus location so today I stopped by Jimmy's Steer House in Arlington to see if I could replicate it here. I had lunch here a long time ago and never went back.



They have a private parking lot that I used, but it makes me nervous with so many elderly drivers dining here.



The inside was actually darker than what it appears in the picture. Not a young crowd by any means.



I was going for the $12 Prime Rib that I had in Saugus, but they didn't have any prime ribs at all, so I went with the Baked Stuffed Scrod (10.49) with their rice pilaf. "Our original stuffing recipe is guaranteed not to overtake the sweet flavor of our fresh scrod. Light and tasty, it’s a perfect match". Is this an NE thing when the stuffing is served on top? The waitress did agree that it wasn't really stuffed. The rice was light and had spinach in it. It was a very generous portion of fish that was really nicely cooked, still moist and flaky. The stuffing was also tasty, and it turned out to be a very nice lunch. The service was very pleasant. Where do you fish for scrod? Nowhere, since it doesn't exist. Good story HERE.

Address 1111 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476
Phone number (781) 646-4450

Jimmy's Steer House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment