Saturday, July 8, 2017

Lobster Claw North Reading

I went to Lobster Claw in North Reading years ago and wasn't happy with either the interior or the food. I have heard rumors about changes to the restaurant so on my way to pick up something from Walmart, I stopped by for lunch today.



They are feet from Rte 28 and have a big private parking lot. If I take the backroads here, I end up practically across the street when hitting Rte 28.



The place is unrecognizable from before, now the interior is bright and spotless with an open kitchen in the back. There is another seating area behind the booths.



I started with a cup of Clam Chowder ($3.95). This is what I call a clam chowder, chockful of tender clams with very few potatoes. This was the best chowder I have had in a long time.



You can order one Lobster Roll with Fries and Coleslaw for $21.95 or two for $27.95. This gives you two lobster rolls for less than $14 each, and that's in McDonald's range, except here you get a real roll. The fries were good as was the coleslaw. The slaw was very lightly dressed. The lobster roll was nicely toasted, and the lobster was just lobster that had a light coating of mayo. You pick up your food at the counter and buss your own table.

Address 7 Main St, North Reading, MA 01864
Phone number (978) 664-6349

Lobster Claw Seafoods Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I have bveen suggesting this place for a long time! I usually end up happieir with the fod here than most of the Essex places.. One thing I love here is that they serve fried salmon and swordfish.Big juicy fresh portions and the haddock is always fresh and juicy too. Love the fish chowder, tons of fish and tastes llike the clam chowder..Also if you love a big pile of thin greasy old school onion rings, this is where to get them
    --Chompie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I returned to the Lobster Claw where we had gone to many times in the past. We noticed a huge, beautiful mural across the entire exterior of the building created in incredible artistic quality. So we went in. The interior was entirely upgraded, very clean and bright. The fish plate (haddock) was plentiful and delicious! Glad we dropped in!
    Gloria and brother Fred

    ReplyDelete