Thursday, August 17, 2017

Davio'S Lynnfield

I couldn't help myself, so here I'm at Davio's in Lynnfield for the second time this week to try more dishes from the Boston Dine Out lunch menu.



Today was the first day I could dine outside, it was too windy on my previous visits. An astounding number of attractive females strolling by.



If you visit on a Sunday, you don't get the housemade chips. No more Sunday visits ;-).



I started with a salad of Beets, Goat Cheese, Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts, Red Wine Vinaigrette, and I don't even like beets! Well, I think I have to narrow that down to I don't like the pickled beets I grew up with in Sweden. This was delicious.



This was followed by Pork Milanese with Crispy Potato, Frisée Apple Salad, Warm Bacon Vinaigrette. Of the Crispy Potato, there was no trace. It was later explained to me that it was supposed to be crispy potato strings in the salad. I think the description should have been Frisée Apple Salad with crispy potato. You know what happens when you put a dressed salad on top of crispy pork? Yep, no more crispy pork. This turned out to be a substantial pork chop on the bone that was nicely breaded and cooked. The salad was nice as was the sauce.



Cupcake Duo, Vanilla, Chocolate said the menu, but this is what arrived! The cupcakes were super light, and so was the frosting. The chocolate on the plate was intensely chocolatey. Another really enjoyable lunch here and I'm looking forward to the next Boston Dine Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment