Friday, August 18, 2017

Strega Prime Woburn

This is the last day of this years Boston Dine Out, so I headed out to Strega Prime in Woburn that is practically next door.


They do have a very attractive dining room, and I managed to get a window table with the nice leather chairs.


You get a nice and very light popover with some butter drizzled with olive oil and sea salt.


Their website and the Boston Dine Out website said "Smoked Steak Tartare Herb aioli, spicy crackers". So what did the actual menu say? "Steak Tartare Herb aioli, spicy crackers". The smoked part went up in smoke, I guess. One reason I went here today is that this was different from the normal business three-course lunch offering for $21. Anyway, one cracker was nice, the other one was very thick, but the tartare was well-seasoned and very tasty.


Here is the Twin Filet with Green beans and fingerling potato salad, salsa verde. I read this as Green Beans, Fingerling Potato Salad, so I was a bit surprised when this showed up. There were two substantial pieces of filet that were ordered rare. What did I get? Two pieces cooked medium. I should have read my blog before I went, exactly the same thing happened the last time. This time I couldn't be bothered to send it back. How can a steakhouse not cook a steak as ordered?


Last was the Strawberry Panna Cotta. What I got was a plain panna cotta, it's underneath all that strawberry coulis, with a strawberry sorbet swimming on top. This was as bad as what they tried to fob off as a Tiramisu on my last visit. Service was excellent, apart from my waiter, who took my order and delivered the check. He never asked how the food was. The rest of the waitstaff was excellent and friendly. Not sure if I will be back for the next Boston Dine Out, especially since the normal three-course menu for $21 looks better. I did see a couple of lobster rolls get delivered to the next table, and it looked like it was a lot of claw-meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment