Saturday, August 19, 2017

Taste of Siam Stoneham

There is never a rush at Taste of Siam in Stoneham for a Saturday lunch. Again I was the only customer, apart from one takeout.



The sign still hasn't been fixed. Their takeout menu says that there is parking in the parking lot on Benton St, but there is no parking lot there. There is plenty of street parking.



I got a complimentary chicken & noodle soup while waiting for my food. I like the soup here, so I was very happy. You also get good silverware.



I decided to order something new today, so I went with a favorite the Drunken Noodle** ($7.95 with pork). "Stir fried wild rice noodle with bell pepper, bamboo shoot, string beans, carrot, tomatoes and basil leaves". The tomatoes were absent but not missed. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a wild noodle, probably meant wide. This is a typo in the online menu.
Me: I would like it extra spicy.
Him: A little spicy?
Me: No, extra spicy.
Him: On a scale from 1-10?
Me: 7.
And that's what I got. This was a proper runny nose spicy, but despite that, it was very tasty with properly cooked veggies. I really like this little Thai Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment