Saturday, September 2, 2017

Chilli Garden Medford

I haven't been to Chilli Garden in Medford in years after having issues twice after having lunch there. I recently read a couple of reviews of a dish that sounded interesting, so I decided to give them another chance.



I usually stay away from Medford, since I really dislike their infernal parking meters, but I know where there is free (legal) parking within walking distance. I guess they are mostly looking for Chineses customers since there is only the sign in the window that shows the name.



New tables and chairs since my last visit, but that visit was very long time ago. A good sign is that there are chopsticks on the tables.



From the Chef’S Signature Fresh Green Peppercorn Dishes section, I ordered the Fresh Green Peppercorn Chicken On Bone ($17.95). Much to my surprise, there were no green peppercorns! When I complained to the manager and asked where the Fresh Green Peppercorns were, he pointed to the green peppers and said "fresh green peppers" and the pointed to the Sichuan Peppercorns and said "peppercorns". When I insisted that this was not Fresh Green Peppercorns, he just shrugged. The chicken was cooked well, and the dish was really tasty, but it was not what I ordered. It also had a ton of habanero peppers in it that made the dish extremely spicy after a while. After being blatantly lied to, there is no way I come back here again. The reviews I read specifically mentioned the green peppercorns. Be aware that the suggested tip on the bill is calculated with the tax included. You can easily check this by looking at the suggested 20% amount.
I have since then been informed that Fresh Green Peppercorns = Dried Green Sichuan peppercorns. Still not happy.

Address 41 Riverside Ave, Medford, MA 02155
Phone number (781) 396-8488

Chilli Garden Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment