Sunday, September 3, 2017

K Restaurant Peabody

K Restaurant in Peabody was closed for renovations for a while but have recently reopened, and I was curious to what has changed. I had a very enjoyable meal here on my previous visit that was just about a year ago.



The outside looked the same. They are in a small strip mall, so there is plenty of shared parking.



The inside was completely redone, the floor, ceiling and furniture was all new. They even managed to squeeze in a couple more tables by moving the wall to the right back a bit. You still order at the counter and pay. Complimentary tea and water in the left corner. It looks much better now, quality furniture makes a big change.



I started with Gun-mandu (Pan Fried Dumplings) (5pc. $4.95). "Fried dumplings stuffed with veggies, served with seasoned soy sauce". BTW, prices on the website are outdated. Crispy on the outside and despite being vegetarian, they were really tasty.



It was such a crappy day that a hot something was in order. I went with the Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi stew) ($10.95). "Homemade kimchi based stew with pork, tofu, and veggies, served with rice and Kimchi". You can see the pot bubbling away, yes it was hot. It was also pleasantly spicy without being overly spicy. In addition to the aforementioned stuff, it also had rice cakes included that added body to the stew. In fact, you can see the rice cakes sticking up at the sides of the pot. The included kimchi was very pleasant and not very spicy. The rice was cooked well. I'm never sure if you eat the rice with the soup or just dump it in. I have seen it eaten both ways. This was a very pleasant and tasty dish. This is a dish where I actually enjoy eating the silken tofu.



Everything you need is at the table. I didn't realize that everything was mapped on the front. The napkins were minuscule. I tried the chili sauce with my rice, and it was really tasty without being overly hot.



The new counter was very elegant.



Don't know how to eat Bibimbap? Don't worry, it all explained on the wall.

Address 100 Lynn Street, Peabody, MA 01960
Phone number (978) 595-1889

No comments:

Post a Comment