Sunday, September 17, 2017

Earl's Kitchen + Bar Somerville

Earl's Kitchen + Bar in Somerville opened in the Assembly Row complex a while back and with the lunch menu looking just OK, I have held off my visit but decided to go on this gorgeous Sunday since they have a brunch menu.



The parking garage next door only had reserved spots, but that's during Mon-Fri, so I was OK.



This is the bar area with tables next to the open windows.



This is a big place with an open kitchen and the staff dressed in black. There was a good amount of little black dresses going around.



From the brunch menu, I selected Steak + Eggs (16). "Two fried eggs, avocado, bacon jam, on warm griddled baguette, crispy potatoes". The sunny side up eggs was undercooked and snotty. I guess this is better than overcooked. I didn't expect to get a lot of the hanger steak and I didn't. It barely made it as medium. It was also unseasoned. The crispy potatoes weren't, and they also lacked salt, but they were tasty and cooked perfectly. Duckfat? It was one thin slice of avocado divided between the two slices of bread. I expect to get something with a crisp crust when promised a baguette, but this was just two slices of bread. The bacon jam was very good. While my waitress was pleasant enough, I only got my water glass refilled when my plate was removed.

698 Assembly Row, Somerville, MA 02145
Phone number (617) 666-1790

Earl's Kitchen & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment