Thursday, September 7, 2017

Fusilli's Cucina Reading

Fusilli's Cucina in Reading is another restaurant I have driven by and never noticed.



They are located close to Rte 128 and have a really big private parking lot.



The dining room is really gorgeous, and I got one of the leather seats to the left. I know the name of them but can't remember it. I asked the waitress how long they have been here? Seven years, she said. According to their website, they opened in 2015, she might have been a leftover from Sam's Bistro.



The big bar with plenty of seating is separate from the dining room.



They have a quite extensive lunch menu, and I ordered the Clam Sauce (10.99). "Fresh chopped clams in a garlic-wine sauce served with spaghetti". It smelled wonderful, and I could see plenty of clams, so I had high hopes. It tasted great but the clams were seriously chewy, so this was pretty much an epic fail. The pasta could have been more al dente, but it was not overcooked. What happened to the rule about no cheese with seafood? Well, I like cheese so on it went. Service was pleasant, even if it took a while to get my water replenished. There was no bread offered. When I mentioned the chewy clams to the waitress, she did offer to get me something else, but I had already eaten half the dish, so I declined.

Address 107 Main Street (RT. 28), Reading,, MA 01867
Phone number (781) 944-7267

Fusilli's Cucina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Tables and layout looks good. Too bad the food was - mediocre? I wish you had other things on the menu to review like a dessert or app. But maybe there was nothing inspiring about the place to make you want to eat more. A bowl of pasta you could have made at home (and better) is what it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only eat so much and it was a big portion.

      Delete