Sunday, October 1, 2017

Angela's Saugus

I have heard really good things about Angela's Coal Fired Pizza in Saugus, and despite that they are located on the dreaded Rte 1, I headed out today for some pizza for lunch.



As with everything on Rte 1, there is plenty of parking.



Downstairs seating with the bar. The open kitchen is to my left.



The pleasant and bright dining room upstairs. If you get a window booth, you have an excellent view of Rte.



Famous Signature Coal Fired Wings. "Jumbo chicken wings marinated in olive oil, fresh rosemary, lemon & garlic. Roasted in our coal fired ovens and served on a bed of our homemade focaccia bread. Topped with caramelized onions SM 7-9 WINGS 9.50". I got seven wings and I would not call them jumbo, but they were of decent size. The description could have been taken from Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza. The wings were tender and juicy, but a bit on the lemony side, but very tasty. I must have a different definition of caramelized than everyone else in this country, but the onions were absolutely delicious.



I decided to go with a specialty pizza, Shrimp Aglio Oglio (17.75). "Sauteed shrimp in olive oil, lemon, garlic, grape tomatoes, basil, romano & parmesan, Spicy!". The crust was excellent, thin on the bottom and tender on the outside, and the dough was seasoned properly. This was one delicious pizza and almost detour-worthy. The toppings were evenly distributed, and the slices were cut evenly. It's the little things that show if the kitchen cares.



Closeup of a slice. I normally leave the crust, but not here. Usually, I'm not too keen on tomatoes, but on this pizza, they were perfect. The menu said spicy, and it was. In fact, it was really tasty, and I go back for this. What an enjoyable pizza!

Address 880 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906
Phone number (781) 941-2625

Angela's Coal Fired Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment