Sunday, October 22, 2017

Calibasil Beverly

Google maps said no problem, so I headed up to North Beverly for either AYCE sushi or some Vietnamese food. I was early, and the sushi place wasn't open, so it was Cailibasil for some Vietnamese food. They just got written up in Boston Globe.



They are located in a shopping plaza just off Rte 128 with plenty of parking. Believe it or not, but the owner's name is Pho.



I didn't realize that it was cafeteria style setup. You order to the left and pick up at the right. That is also where you get condiments and utensils.



I had to try the Pho and went for the House Special (10.95). "Beef, Beef Brisket and Meatballs". There was no tendon or tripe offered. Make that Meatball since I got only one. The broth was very good, rich and fragrant. The brisket was also good. You can pick your garnishes, and I went with everything. The noodles were a solid lump on the bottom, and trying to separate them meant that you got soup all over the place. The noodles weren't overcooked and had a slight bite. A bit on the expensive side and I think I stick with Pho Paris.



I also ordered the Banh Mi (6.45). I picked the Special that comes with Vietnamese Ham and Pate. This was a seriously big sandwich and a very good rendition of the classic Banh Mi. The bread was fresh and had a light crust, could have been crustier. All the elements in the sandwich were there, and you could really taste the pate. Normally the pate seems to get lost. This was the clear winner today.



There is a poster on the wall that lists what garnishes are available. I really liked this. The ladies behind the counter was very friendly and happily packed up my leftovers.

Address 55 Dodge Street (Rt. 1A), Beverly, MA 01915
Phone number 978-969-3255

Calibasil Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment