Friday, October 13, 2017

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

Taipei Gourmet in Lexington is my favorite Taiwanese restaurant, and I go here frequently, but rarely blog about them. My audience is growing, so it's time for a shout-out.



It was a hassle to get here since Mass Ave was closed going east, and that took me on a really weird and long detour.


Not sure if I have posted a picture after Ewa added curtains and white linen cloth? Linen napkins will not happen. Did I mention that you get a 10% discount if you pay with cash, even at lunch?


I haven't had the Pork Chop Rice Plate ($8.79) since back in '13. A big and tender pork chop on the bone was perfectly fried. This is a classic Taiwanese dish, and you get chopped mustard greens, pickled daikon?, bok choy and a tea egg. The egg was delicious, and it was not overcooked. 



Underneath the pork chop, there is some braised pork. It was very tender, but the last time there was a lot more gravy. 

Address 211 Mass Ave, Lexington, MA 02420 
Phone number (781) 541-6999

No comments:

Post a Comment