Thursday, October 12, 2017

Uno Chicago Grill Woburn

I had a somewhat pleasant all you can eat soup and salad at Uno Chicago Grill in Woburn, so armed with a plan and coupon for $10 off $20, I headed to the mall.



They have a few things working against them: 1. They are in a mall. 2. They are a chain. 3. They royally messed up my previous order by giving me the wrong steak that was overcooked. So I must be nuts to go back, right?



The Promise.



The reality. This is the Whole Hog Burger ($16.99). "Over a pound of meat, four different kinds: hamburger, sausage, bacon, and pepperoni. Topped with three types of cheese, garlic mayo, and pickles. With fries and onion rings". I did it as takeout and ordered it online, that way I can reuse my $10 off coupon. It was ordered rare, and of course I got it well done. Next time I'll speak to a manager prior to pick up. Despite being well done, it was a really well seasoned and tasty burger. It was also a coarse grind that was loosely packed into a patty, well two. The bacon was crisp, and the pickles were tasty. Hold the tomato worked. This burger was surprisingly good, even overcooked.



On my previous visit, the onion rings were the star, crispy and hot fresh out of the fryer. Here they were just a soggy mess. My order must have been sitting out for quite a while. The fries were also surprisingly good, even being limp. There is also a side Caesar Salad ($4.99) in the fridge, to get over $20. It does amuse me when ordering a Caesar salad, you get asked what dressing you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment