Monday, November 20, 2017

Singh Ching Burlington

Singh Ching in Burlington took over the space formerly occupied by Chettinad Grill. This is now the fourth Indian restaurant in this location. Can't they take a hint?



Only a temporary sign for now.



"The restaurant decor reflect the culture of the Royal State of Punjab", said the website. They repainted the walls.



This caught my eye. Not only did it look good, the Fish Pakora were excellent, flaky fish in a really well-seasoned batter.



Soup and appetizers. Well, there was an excellent Yellow Dhal there as well. The sambar soup was super tasty. There were more pakoras in the back and I really liked the jalapeno one. A few samosas were also hiding in there.



Fresh plain naan or garlic naan is brought to the table. This naan I really liked, it was light and almost crunchy and didn't fill you up as the more dense naans do. Garlic, of course. This was so good that I actually took the leftovers home with me, and I never ever do that.





I was going to lament how much I missed the Tandoori Chicken Wings from the original restaurant, The Mughals but what do I see on the Lunch buffet (11.99)? Tandoori Chicken Wings! They were excellent, well seasoned and juicy. Next, we have Chicken Kabab that was bit dense but seasoned really well. The Sesame Chicken was OK but paled compared to the rest of the dishes. The Fish Pakoras cannot get enough praise. Baingan Bartha (eggplant) was very good as was the plain Saag. Both were seasoned well as was the Chana Masala. Everything on the buffet was hot and seasoned really well. I eat a lot of Indian food, and this place really impressed me, and I hope they make it. I really disliked that you had to go the counter to pay previously, but you don't need to do that now. They also let you do takeout from the buffet, so I know where I will go next Monday.

Address 184 Cambridge Street, Burlington, MA 01803
Phone number (781) 273-0111

Singh Ching Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment