Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Village Restaurant Essex

This is really the best time to go to the North Shore. Beautiful sunny fall days, no traffic and no tourists. After my previous visit to Village Restaurant in Essex, I have been waiting to try their Wednesday special.


If they have been in business since 1956, they must be doing something right.


I'm not sure what you call this extension, but it's nice and bright.


You get some bread and cornbread and some really cold butter.


The Wednesday special is the Seafood Pie (14.99). "Lobster, Crab & Shrimp baked with seasoned crumbs". You have a choice of carbs, and I went with the French Fries. The fresh vegetable morphed from asparagus into a vegetable medley, so I just went with the cole slaw. The french fries were of the previously frozen variety but was cooked really nicely. The slaw was fine but was swimming in liquid. The pie had a thick crust of crumbs. The seafood was mostly small shrimp that was not deveined. The lobster part was three small claws, and I think the crab was the real thing.

Address 55 Main Street, Essex, MA 01929
Phone number (978) 768-6400

No comments:

Post a Comment