Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Fuego Methuen

I'm still not sure exactly where Fuego Latin Fusion Bar & Restaurant in Methuen is located, I just followed the GPS.



There is plenty of parking in the strip mall where Fuego is located.



The bar area has nice high tops next to the windows.



It turned out to be a fairly small and intimate place that was bright and impeccably clean. However, the tables were sticky, but the waitress/hostess/bartender said that it was the tables themselves. I noticed her cleaning them well, but nothing helped. This gives a bad impression, and it could be easily rectified by covering the tables. Who wants to sit at a sticky table?



No lunch menu or specials, so I went with the Boom-Boom Tacos ($13). "battered shrimp in boom-boom sauce, caribbean slaw & crispy onion strings". You have a choice of Mexican Rice, Poblano Rice or White Rice. I went with the Poblano Rice that was nice and fluffy but had just a very faint taste of poblano. The black beans were nice and had a pleasant texture and was a bit citrusy. A good amount of salt was needed. The onions strings was a nice surprise and added texture. I got a good amount of not very spicy shrimp on corn tortillas. The slaw was crispy, but I have no clue what made it Carribean. I also got the dreaded rolled up silverware.

Address 7 Ayers Village Road, Methuen, MA 01844
Phone number (978) 689-0123

No comments:

Post a Comment