Friday, February 2, 2018

Pokéworks Somerville

I was invited a bit early to celebrate Pokéworks in Somerville 1 Year anniversary. They will celebrate this tomorrow (Saturday) by offering a BOGO free deal. This is good for the whole day and included both bowl and burritos, and you can mix and match. Buy a bowl and get a free burrito.



They are located in Davis Square, and parking is metered. There is still legal free parking available, and I lucked out and snagged an unoccupied spot. Look what a nice day it turned out to be.



The interior is rustic but bright and impeccably clean.



Pick a signature bowl, or make your own as you tray proceeds down the line. Everything is clearly labeled, and the staff is very helpful if you are as confused as I am.



This is my burrito, pre rollup, with shrimp and scallops, both cooked sous vide so they were perfectly cooked. I don't remember them having Wasabi Tobiko, but it was delicious. A bit of crunch, and a bit of heat.



The finished burrito, and it was delicious. I was afraid that the rice would be too thick, but it wasn't. They have a clever machine that lays a very thin layer of rice on the roasted seaweed. I really liked the Vita Coco coconut water. As the box says, it's like sticking a straw into a coconut.



The SHISO SALMON Bowl is a favorite of mine. "Atlantic salmon - green and sweet onion - edamame - cucumber - sesame seeds - fresh shiso - ponzu fresh sauce". You have a choice of how much sauce you want, light, medium or heavy. I go with medium. I added a scoop of Masago because I like it. It really looks like Tobiko but is really Masago. Masago is the roe of the Capelin, an Atlantic and Arctic fish that is sustainable. This was soo tasty, with fresh salmon and a multitude of textures. I picked brown rice, even if I'm not too fond of it, but I make an exception here. The Hawaiian Sun Strawberry Guava Nectar was really refreshing, especially since it wasn't carbonated.

Address 261 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02144
Phone number (617) 996-1198 

Disclosure: I was invited as a media guest, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment