Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Khao Hom Billerica

I haven't been back to Khao Hom Thai & Pho in Billerica for a while but had a hankering for something spicy today.



I had the Khao Soi ($12.95) on my first visit in January. "Egg noodles in a curry sauce with pickle green mustard, red onion, cilantro on topped of crispy egg noodle". This time I had the dinner version with duck since the menu indicates that the duck version is only available in dinner size. The online ordering indicates otherwise. Now they know me, so I when I order it spicy, it's spicy. When this arrived I asked: No fresh chilis? She said that in this dish we only use dry chilis that have been quickly toasted. I tasted it, and it was HOT! When I started to poke around, there were sliced fresh chilis all over the place. "The chef must have to know that it was you!" You mix everything together, there goes the crispy noodles, and get a bowl of goodness. The crispy noodles are mostly for decoration anyway. Despite being seriously spicy, it was still very flavorful, with all the required Thai flavor components present. It also had a very nice texture due to the crispy noodles, red onions and the green mustard. The duck, and it was plenty of it, was cooked to perfection. There is a very good chef hiding in this kitchen.

Address 258 Salem Rd, Billerica, MA 01821
Phone 978-362-8269

No comments:

Post a Comment