Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Scotty Dog Beverly

The Scotty Dog in Beverly is seasonal and have been open for a while, but the weather hasn't cooperated for a visit. Today was the second day when it was hot and it was really HOT.



You can order at the window, but they also have table service. They are cash only, but there is an ATM on the premises.



Nice seating with umbrellas.



This is a first for me, they have carhop service. I don't eat in the car, so this wasn't for me, but I thought it was really cool. The table next to me parked there and then took a table.



I decided to go with the lunch special Best of both Words (8) that saves you a quarter. It's one Scotty Chicago Dog with Mustard, Onions, Relish, Tomatoes, Sport Peppers, Pickle Spear & Celery Salt. The dog was snappy, the peppers were hot and the relish was a neon green color, so all was well. The bun was really fresh.



The other half was a Half Italian Beef. "Thinly sliced Italian beef dipped in gravy on a crusty roll with giardiniera". I have never had an Italian Beef before and quite liked it, especially the pickled veggies. I also got gravy on the side, but I suspect that you have to be Italian to manage to dip the sandwich in the gravy. I didn't manage to figure out how to do it but poured gravy on the sandwich instead. Service was quick and friendly.

Address: 437 Rantoul St, Beverly, MA 01915
Phone: 978-969-3487

2 comments:

  1. I used to cheat by getting the juice on the side--I'd take a bite of sandwich, then a small sip of the juice. This was less messy and resulted in no juice waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I should have taken the hint when I got the gravy on the side.

      Delete