Friday, May 4, 2018

Heng Lay Lowell

Heng Lay Restaurant in Lowell now has a website with prices that are close to accurate. This small Cambodian restaurant has a big reputation. They are closed on Wednesdays and take CC.



They are located in a mostly residential area, but there is parking on both sides of the restaurant itself.



A couple of big family tables and about eight four tops and that's it.



I was going to order the Spicy Chicken Wings that I had on my last visit, but they now have morphed into sweet and sour wings. "Too spicy for the kids" was the reason. Instead, I just ordered the Chicken Spicy Sour Soup ($12.95) with a white rice on the side. This was a big bowl filled with a soup that was mostly sour. Apart from the green veggies, it also had the small round Thai eggplant that is way better than the normal eggplant. There was also tons of tender dark meat chicken. This was a great dish. but when to owner/manager asked how it was, I complained about the lack of heat. She said that the heat was what made the soup yellow. This got me stumped. She then asked if I liked spicy, and when I said yes, she brought me some sliced Thai chili peppers, and that took care of the lack of heat. If you want it spicy, you need to order it spicy.



Since I had my mind set on wings, I ordered Chicken Wings ($8) to go. They are crispy and cooked really well, and they leave the tip on that are nice to nibble on.



Much the standard condiment offering, but they have the small saucers that can come in handy. I still have to come back for the dry noodle soup.

Address: 153 Liberty St, Lowell, MA 01851
Phone: 978-458-4619

No comments:

Post a Comment