Monday, July 16, 2018

Nzuko Framingham

I'm not sure how I heard about Nzuko in Framingham, but I had them bookmarked for jerk chicken. Nzuko is Nigerian and means Gathering.



My GPS led me on a merry go around since it didn't recognize that I could just take a left and get here. Plenty of parking in this strip mall.



The inside is kind of small but nice and bright. You order at the end and then pick up your food at the counter, or get it brought to you. The owner is in the back, hanging out with her mom.



The dining area. I wish they didn't do the tacky rolled up silverware. Get quality napkins and put the utensils on them.



The aforementioned Jerk Chicken ($10.95). "Jerk spiced chicken arousing Caribbean vibes. Lunch includes rice and two plantains". Two choices of rice and I went with Rice and Beans. Hows this for a boring picture? The chicken was a thigh that was tender and juicy with a fantastic jerk gravy. The gravy was redolent of spices, and there was allspice involved. This was probably the best jerk chicken I have had in a long time. The rice was OK, and the plantains were soft without being mushy. There is some good cooking going on here. The complimentary ice water was infused with something? Pineapple?

Address: 341 Cochituate Rd, Framingham, MA 01701
Phone: (508) 620-1024

No comments:

Post a Comment