Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Howling Wolf Salem

Is it worth the drive to Salem to get a Taco Tuesday discount at Howling Wolf Taqueria? Not really, but I have read so much good stuff about them that I really wanted to pay them a visit. I also had their speciality tacos at their North Andover& location, and they were awesome. If you are getting here from the south, avoid going through Peabody Square. There is a one lane restriction where the roadwork is taking place. 



Why is their address on Lafayette Street when they are in fact are located on New Derby Street? The car in the background is on Lafayette Street. They not even on the corner. They are located within walking distance from my favorite parking garage.



The inside is cool with a big bar.



I got a nice high-top next to the windows. Chips (cold) and salsa arrives promptly. The chips were OK, and so was the rather thin salsa.



It turns out that Taco Tuesday starts at 5, so I just ordered one Chili Verde Taco and one Colorado Taco. Both ordered with Corn Salsa (medium) and Refried Beans. Each was $3.75. You could also order three for $8.95, so I asked if I could mix and match? "Yes, but the tacos will be priced individually". The tacos were really good with a good amount of protein. There was almost no difference between the meats. One had a hint of tartness so that must have been the Chili Verde one. The refried beans were really tasty. The corn salsa was also very nice but lacked the medium heat. The flour tortillas were soft and fresh.



I also ordered a side of rice and black beans ($2). This was good, but the two tacos would have been enough for me for lunch.



The ladies in the kitchen seemed to have fun. The big plastic containers contain pre-portioned chips.

Address: 76 Lafayette St, Salem, MA 01970
Phone: (978) 744-9653

No comments:

Post a Comment