Friday, August 17, 2018

Davio'S Lynnfield

This is the last day of Dine Out Boston, so I decided to end it with a splurge at Davio'S in Lynnfield. Their three-course lunch is $25, but usually worth it.


The dining room is very elegant. There is a big bar straight ahead.


My pick for the first course was the Charred Asparagus with Pancetta, Poached Egg, and Pecorino. This was delicious with perfectly cooked asparagus. The poached egg was overcooked with only half the yolk being runny.


My mains was the Seared Atlantic Salmon. "Fregola, Corn, Cucumbers, and Dill Crème Fraiche". I think they have one comma too much. What I got was cucumber dill creme fraiche. If there is one place that will cook the fish as you order it, it's here, and they didn't disappoint. This was an excellent dish with an interesting pasta.


I finished with the Strawberry Napoleon with Mascarpone Cream, Strawberries, and Strawberry Coulis. The pastry was light as a feather. 


Not done yet, with my check I got a trio of mignardises. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't. Service is, of course, excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment