Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Khao Hom Billerica

I had one more half-priced app to try at Khao Hom in Billerica and also a special curry that's not on the menu.



She brought out a fruit for me to try. I wrote the name down as Lambochan but googling that gives me nothing. I was then informed that the name is Ramboutan. Googling that gives me Rambutan. It was very pretty and has a big stone in the middle. The flesh was firm and slightly sweet. It was very refreshing and pretty.



The last half priced app was the Potsticker (Gyoza) normally $5.95. "Chicken, cabbage, green onion served with ginger sauce". You can have them steamed or deep fried. The filling was tasty, but the skin was on the thicker side. I really liked the roasted garlic. The ginger dipping sauce was excellent.



The Panang curry isn't on the menu but can be had if you ask for it. Here is it with fish ($8.95). Despite asking for the fish not to be crispy, it was crispy and hence overcooked. The curry was excellent and super tasty. It did have the requisite kaffir leaves on top. Wikipedia says that a Panang curry is a "Thai curry that is thick, salty and sweet, with a nutty peanut flavor". This is the lunch portion, but it might have been a special for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment