Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Margaritas Lexington

Margs loaded my card with a free entre for today, so I headed out to their Lexington location. This is as far away from Lexington center you can go and still be in Lexington.



The parking lot was quite busy, but the dining room was almost empty. The hostess/manager tried to seat me in the bar without asking. When I indicated that I would prefer the dining room she offered me a dark booth next to the entrance. I finally got seated next to a window.



The chips were fresh this time, but the salsa is way too tomatoey for me.



For my free entre, I went with the Fish Tacos del Mar (3) (12). "Beer-battered fish, scallions, orange slaw, three-pepper sauce and avocado on soft corn tortillas". Scallions? Orange slaw? I got thickly sliced raw cabbage. This was also obviously flour tortillas. The avocado was nice and ripe. The two tacos at the ends had fish that was so severely fried that I had a hard time getting my fork in there. When my waitress (very lovely) asked how it was, I showed her the fish, and she offered to make two new ones since I managed to finish my first carbonized one. I then started in on the middle one that looked much better, and this one was perfectly cooked. The manager stopped by, and I told her that this one was good and one replacement taco would be OK. Did I get two leftovers that were refried? This is a bit strange. I also ordered a side of rice and beans (2.5). Their refried beans are delicious, with a nice texture and even a hint of heat.



The replacement taco was okay. I guess that must have upset the manager since she promptly seated two mommies with toddlers right next to me and much screaming ensued. The dining room was empty apart from another table. I think that between this and them utterly destroying a Chile Relleno, I think I'll go to their Waltham location instead.
Update: Margs reached out through Social Media and put another free entree on my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment