Friday, December 28, 2018

Tequila's Wakefield

It's not exactly Taco Tuesday, but I was in the mood for something Mexican, so I headed out to Tequila's Mexican Cantina in Wakefield. So far the food has been delicious here.


Yes, this was the day we are having today, but it's in the low 40, and we didn't get any snow this morning.


The inside is bright and very pleasant. There is a bar on the other side of the partition.


The chips still feel stale, but the salsas keep on improving. The Chipotle Crema now had chipotle in it. The Tomatilla was tasty and tart. The Tomato was delicious and flavorful. I wish they changed the chips.


Since it wasn't Taco Tuesday, I went with the Enfrijoladas (9) from the lunch menu. "Two torillas stuffed with tinga, covered in creamy pureed beans, topped with chorizo, crema, cilantro, queso fresco and avocado slices (served with rice)". Cut and paste from the online menu. The avocado slices didn't make it. The chorizo was Mexican and really good. The Enfrijoladas was excellent with a ton of tender chicken that had just a trace of tomato sauce. The rice is excellent, and I don't often say that in a Mexican restaurant. I was surprised to get the refried beans on the side since the menu said just rice, but I'm not complaining, I like refried beans. Another excellent lunch here with tasty food and plenty of it.

Address: 979 Main St, Wakefield, MA 01880 Phone: (978) 710-5512


No comments:

Post a Comment