Friday, January 11, 2019

Four Winds Restaurant Andover

Four Winds Restaurant is located in the Greater Lawrence Technical School located in Andover. It's not for me to speculate how this happened. The website said to call for reservations, but that went straight to voicemail. The menus on that page are also not working. The restaurant is staffed by students.



There is no sign in or other security. The sign at the security shack at the entrance said stop and sign in, but I just got waved through.



The dining room is bright and nice. They even have a few two tops. Since this is Friday, they serve a buffet ($12). The food is portioned out by the staff.



They had "pork," but the tray was empty of pork. I ended up with Riceroni that was warm, buttery and pretty good. The pasta with ham was cold and lacked ham. The fish looked good but was seriously overcooked. The corn and potato chowder was so thick that it was gummy. I had to grab a knife from a nearby table.



On my second trip, the "pork" was gone and replaced with "beef". The beef was tender, but I have no idea what this was supposed to be since it lacked seasoning. More Riceroni.



They had a good selection of desserts, and I picked the creme brulee that was crackly on top and soft inside. Probably the best item I had today. My waitress got me water, and that was it. I had to flag down another waitress to get a refill, and she also removed the dirty plates. You can get on a mailing list to get the menus emailed to you, but you can only sign up there. I'm going to give them another try when they are serving À la carte. They are easy to get to from Rte 93.

Address: 57 River road Andover 01810 Phone: 978-686-0194 ext 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment