Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Legal Sea Foods Burlington

Since January 15 is Chowda Day, Legal Sea Foods are offering a cup of chowder for $1 with an entree. I haven't been to their Burlington location in ages, so it was time for a visit.



It's weird with no Sears in the mall. They are located next to the entrance. Plenty of parking but never any close by.



After some hassle, I got a booth next to the windows.



I got warm rolls (good) with rock hard butter (bad). Here's my $1 New England Clam Chowder (7.50). Their chowder has always been excellent, and this was no exception. Thick and tasty with plenty of clams.



For my entree, I picked the Louisiana Gumbo (16.95). "Shrimp, spicy andouille sausage and crispy fried okra with jasmine rice". This was really good with a nice dark roux and plenty of decently sized shrimps. I liked the ocra even if it didn't stay crispy in the gumbo. It even packed a bit of heat. I really enjoyed this despite the price. Cheapest dish on the lunch menu was 14.95 apart from the salads. Thinking about this, it was worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment