Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Tavern in the Square Burlington

Today I headed out to Tavern in the Square in Burlington to take advantage of my free birthday appetizer. This is one chain where it's worth signing up for their loyalty program.



They are big, and you can see the outdoor patio on the far left.



For my free appetizer, I picked the Fried Calamari (14). "Pickled Green Tomatoes, harissa aioli". I got both legs and rings, so I was happy. They were fried perfectly. I finally figured out how to get the diced green tomatoes involved. Pick up a calamari, dip it into the excellent aioli, then snag a piece of the diced tomato with the aioli and you get everything in one bite.


This was followed by the Bayou Chicken Pasta ($16.50). "Spicy blackened chicken, sweet corn, jalapeño, bacon, parmesan cream". The pasta was al dente, the chicken was good and blackened. There was even sliced jalapeños in there, and it was pleasantly spicy. I wish there were more of the sauce. This was a surprisingly tasty dish. I sat at a hightop at the bar, and the service was very good. With my free birthday app, $10 in rewards dollars and a $5 Wednesday discount, my bill come to $1.62 before tip. How can you beat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment