Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Namaste Stoneham

What used to be Taj Indian Bistro is now Namaste in Stoneham. When I walked in I was recognized by the owner who used to manage Rang Bistro in Stoneham. This was a bit remarkable since I haven't seen him in a number of years and it was also pre-beard.


They are in a small plaza off Montvale Ave and are hard to see from the road. Plenty of parking.


They do a daily lunch buffet ($11.99) and the interior looks exactly as when I visited in '16 including the sushi boats.


The first visit to the buffet yielded some cold pakoras, potatoes and pea curry, saag paneer, tandoori chicken, basmati rice and chicken curry. The potatoes in the potatoes and pea curry was overcooked. The saag was excellent and really tasty. The tandoori chicken was tender and moist but it was all white meat. The chicken curry was bland. On my second trip, I stuck to the tandoori chicken and the saag.


You also get freshly baked naan and it was really good. Be aware that the suggested tip is calculated including the tax.

Address: 58 Montvale Ave, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 438-9688

No comments:

Post a Comment