Monday, January 28, 2019

Yassou Arlington

Yassou in Arlington Heights opened this Saturday so it was kind of too early for a visit but I decided to give them a chance.


There is free on street parking but not a whole lot. I took one of the sunny window tables. There are three more four tops down on the right.


They have the proper rotisserie spits for the chicken and pork. No pizza yet, but it's coming.


I went with the Pork Gyro ($7.50?) with the tzatziki on the side.


Here it is opened up. The house-made fries could have been good but they were stone cold and unsalted. There was a good amount of raw onions and that was fine with me. There was also some tomatoes hiding in there. Some of them could have been sliced thinner. The pork was excellent, juicy and tender and there was a good amount of pork. The tzatziki was pleasant with a very mild yogurt. Overall I was very happy with this gyro and will be back. I spoke to the owner before leaving and he wanted to give me more fries but I was full. Everyone there was very nice and friendly. Considering that this was the third day they were open, they are doing well.

Address: 1323 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476 Phone: (781) 777-2770

No comments:

Post a Comment