Sunday, February 17, 2019

Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza Reading

I went to Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza in Reading shortly after they opened and was very pleased with my meal. I was in the mood for pizza today, so it was time for a return visit.



The outside is very nice, and they also have seating on the patio to the right. It's in a shopping plaza, so there is plenty of parking.



The inside is nice and bright with a big bar to the right. Adam, the manager, can be seen in the middle. He was very friendly and came over and explained that everything is fresh, no microwaves. Wings are never frozen.



Speaking of wings, I started with the lunch portion of the Coal Oven Roasted Chicken Wings (5 pieces) ($7.69). "Served with Caramelized Onions & Focaccia Bread". The wings were excellent, and the bread was fresh and tasty. I wouldn't call the onions caramelized since they weren't dark enough. This is really just sauteed onions, but piling them on the bread makes some good eating.



The lunch menu said Specialty Pizza, and when I asked what pizzas this referred to, my absolutely incompetent waiter responded with "you can add any topping you want". This charade went on for about five minutes before the manager stepped in and promptly answered my question. Any specialty pizza from the full menu is included. I settled for the lunch Paulie's Pie ($10.79). "Meatballs, Sausage, Hot or Sweet Peppers & Ricotta Cheese". What size do you want? I want a lunch pizza. So you want a small? There is a small on the regular menu and it's not the lunch pizza. In the end, I just pointed to the pizza on the lunch menu. I went for the sweet peppers, and the waiter chimed in with "so you don't want the hot peppers?". The pizza was loaded with meatballs and was really tasty and an excellent value. It was also nice and thin, which I really like.



When the manager stopped by I asked if the hot peppers still were infernally hot, he brought me one hot pepper on the side. They are still hot especially the end with all the seeds. The pepper is really flavorful, and I think this is the way to order this pizza with a hot pepper on the side. This is what I call customer service. He was also walking around checking in with all the guests. To finish this off in style, when I asked for my check, the waiter grabbed my CC of the table and just ran it. He then delivered the CC slip with the wrong check. I said I wanted my check. He responded that this was the check for the next table. I don't care and want my check. He then spent the next five minutes trying to print out my check, finally handling me some sort of printout. I must admit that Adam, the manager, saved the day here.

Address: 48 Walkers Brook Dr, Reading, MA 01867 Phone: (781) 944-8454

No comments:

Post a Comment